Upgrading from Zend Framework 1.7 to 1.9 – The autoloader

Today I upgraded a project we started working on last year from Zend Framework 1.7 to Zend Framework 1.9. I excepted to run into several API incompatibilities, but the only problem I got was the autoloader.

In Zend 1.7, and earlier versions, the autoloader was registered like this:

require_once "Zend/Loader.php";

In Zend Framwork 1.9 this has changed slightly, you now have to register the namespaces you want to autoload:

require_once 'Zend/Loader/Autoloader.php';
$loader = Zend_Loader_Autoloader::getInstance();

This was the only change we needed to do to upgrade from 1.7 to 1.9, quite impressive!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *